Nuff Head

10 Disember 2010

Namewee Is Not Racist: Nazri Aziz .?????Bengong

Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz today gave an assuring show of support towards controversial artist Namewee, claiming that many Malaysians have misunderstood the young rapper.

Nazri, the de facto law minister, defended Namewee’s controversial music and said the 27-year-old had not committed any offence under Malaysian laws.

“I believe this young man has been grossly misunderstood and his intentions misinterpreted,” said Nazri at a Press conference in Parliament today.

Namewee, whose real name is Wee Meng Chee, had paid a visit to the Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department this afternoon.

“The Press, especially the Malay language newspapers and the Malay community have been rough on him.

But he’s just a young man, and his intentions were not to hurt the Malay community,” said Nazri.

“I think he’s gone through a traumatic period with all the hate thrown against him. Give him a chance.

“Many people, including politicians, have urged me to take action against him. But he’s not committed any offence under Malaysian laws. Even the Attorney-General told me there’s no act to prosecute him,” said Nazri.

“Only the headmistress from Kulai, whom Namewee had sung about, can choose to make legal action against him as she is an aggrieved party. The government is not the aggrieved party here, so what right do we have to prosecute him?”

The UMNO minister also does not see Namewee as a racist.

“He told me he loves Malaysia and fully supports the PM’s 1Malaysia vision. He wants to promote Malaysia through his music.

“He has thousands of Facebook fans and I believe he’s got potential. I think what we should do instead is support him and help him become an artist one day,” said Nazri, who was given complimentary CDs of Namewee’s work.

Namewee also addressed the media and affirmed that he had never intended to hurt anyone.

“I have always shown my love for the country. To me, Malaysia is the best place in the world,” said Namewee, reading out from a prepared text.

“I admit some of my work is controversial. But I hope the public can check out my videos on Youtube and check out all of my work. Try to understand my true intentions.

“If I have offended anyone, please accept my apology. If you dislike my work, you can choose to stop watching my videos,” he said.

Namewee said he hopes to visit Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, and Nazri has given his assurance that he will help arrange an appointment.

“I will speak to the PM during the next cabinet meeting and tell him about this,” said Nazri.

Namewee made it into the limelight in 2007 with his infamous YouTube hit “Negarakuku”, which sparked outrage from sections of the public – some calling for the revoking of his citizenship and arresting him under the Internal Security Act.

He had since issued a public apology and laid low for awhile before resurfacing this year for his new songs – in which he criticised Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) and the “racist” Kulai headmistress, among others. - Malay Mail

3 ulasan:

  1. Peliwat akan menyokong sesama peliwat.

    Pengkhianat akan menyokong sesama pengkhianat.

    Babi akan sokong sesama babi.

    Kategori manakah Nazri Aziz?

    BalasPadam
  2. nazri pun dah bangang, kononnya nak tarik perhatian pengundi cina..

    BalasPadam
  3. WU n MB

    kalau benar namewee tidak rasict,alangkah bagusnya.adakah menanam tebu di bibir,kerana dia tidak di ambilkan tindakan seperti mana guru besar........

    ungkapan gagasan 1 malaysia oleh namewee memang kita jangka dah......bengong

    BalasPadam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...