Nuff Head

11 Februari 2011

2 pemimpin PKR Sarawak digesa minta maaf dalam 10 hari, atau...


Henry Ling - SUPP Bintulu Branch Chairman

(disiarkan diblog ini dengan keizinan)

PRESS STATEMENT 

First of all, I am surprised to read news demanding my apology to Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim and PKR by PKR Sarawak Woman Chief, Puan Nurhanim Mokshen appeared in See Hua Daily News and Sin Chew Daily and PKR Sarawak State Secretary Encik Abang Zulkifli Abang Engkehdemanding the same as appeared in United Daily News and Sarawak Update. This came out of the blue.

Second,I would like to request Nurhanimand Abang Zulkifli to clarify and disclose explicitly the source of information which they had relied in launching their personal attack on me.

Beside my Note on FACEBOOK under the title “TAIB and MUBARAK: ANWAR FAILED TO SPOT THE DIFFERENCE”, I did not write or publish any statement as alleged by them. The contents of my Note were totally different from those allegations reported in the media.

The allegations by Nurhanim and Abang Zulkifli were serious defamatory imputations. As they are both aspiring politicians trying to impress Dato’ Seri Anwar, they had taken themselves beyond the legal limit by hook or by crook to discredit me, to injure my reputation, to expose me to hatred, contempt or ridicule in order to get to their destinations.

According to the press, Nurhanim Mokshen and Abang Zulkifli had accused me saying Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim had encouraged the Sarawakians to follow Egyptians to staging violence protests demanding that the CM to step down and I had accused Anwar had ask the people to ‘revolt’ against the government ‘fighting with arms and weapons’. There was no basis on this allegation. In any event, the popular and ordinary meaning of “revolt’ is that the real meaning they thought or wanted it to be.

Now, I would like to ask Nurhanim Mokshen and Abang Zulkifli to apologize unconditionally to me in public and withdraw unconditionally the false and malicious allegations in various Chinese newspapers yesterday and the SARAWAK UPDATE.

For sake of convenience here, I would like to use a report at SARAWAK UPDATE under the title “Zuklifli Tick Off Henry Ling” with damaging and defamatory allegations which were maliciously made against me. The contents were defamatory and malicious or injurious falsehood where they knew the statement was not true or did not care whether it was true or false. 

I request Abang Zulkifli to explain the following report appeared on Sarawak Update:-

“In a press conference today at PKR Stampin, Secretary of State PKR, Abang Zulkifli Abang Engkeh said Ling had accused Anwar of saying the word ‘revolt’ against the government which is not right as revolt means fighting with arms and weapons.

“I was with Anwar the whole of last visit and despite moving around, I have never heard of the word, revolt but rather he said, we should fight against BN corruption and cronyism,” said Zulkifli.

He called to Ling to apologize or he would just be another of those leaders who lied. “What we read about YB lying to PM, statement from Daud and Jerip showed that they are mostly lairs. If they can lie to the PM, what more the people,” he added.

Zulkifli said Ling knows he is not going to win thus by saying that, he is trying to get some political mileage there. “I would not be surprise if SUPP lost all their seats this time,” said Zulkifli.”

I would like to give both Nurhanim Mokshen and Abang Zulkifli an opportunity to avoid any court cases in Court provided that they would make an apology and withdraw their statements as published unconditionally within the next Ten (10) days.

Malaysiakini Chinese edition had made very interesting reports about ANWAR statement in respect of the violence protest in Egypt that likened Sarawak Chief Minister to Egyptian President when he called the latter to step down as it first appeared on Malaysiakini Chinese edition on 7.2.2011.

《当今大马》中文版的报导标题为“安华轰反贪会未查泰益涉贪,警告贪腐政权需以埃及为鉴”。尽请他们解释以下内容:-
“警告埃及人民崛起或上演
另一方面,安华也警告,如果我国贪污与滥权问题持续泛滥,突尼西亞和埃及人民崛起推翻政府的情况,也可能会在其他穆斯林国家和亚洲地区上演。
“我们必须对这两个国家的发展保持警惕。”
他也警告国阵不要小视乡区人民,以为只要建桥铺路就能够满足他们,这样对他们来说是一种羞辱。
“他们都是马来西亚人,应该有权利去决定他们的未来动向。” 

Reading the above report, I just wonder why PKR had chosen to turn their blind eyes to the reports on Malaysiakini Chinese edition and yet demanding for an apology from me on which was, I believed, out of the blue.

Henry Ling Kuong Meng
SUPP Bintulu Branch Chairman
11.2.2011

p/s: published with permission

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...